Our standard requirements for Flood and Spot U.V. coating:
- Use only coated sheets.
- All inks must be U.V. Compatible-allow 24-48 hours drying time.
- Press varnish and aqueous coatings must be a compatible primer and not an overcoat for U.V. coating. Wax-free inks and varnishes are strongly recommended. U.V. coating can only be applied to a single side soft-touch aqueous coated sheet. U.V. coating CANNOT be applied to both sides of a soft- touch aqueous coated sheet as this will cause chemical ghosting/burnishing of U.V. coated image. If printing on two sides, you may apply soft touch aqueous and U.V. coating to one side and use Satin aqueous as an alternative to the second side. For additional information, please call us.
- Certain inks will not U.V. coat including Reflex Blue, Rhodamine Red, PMS
purple, Rubine Red or other alkaline dies.
- Metallic inks will not accept U.V. coatings. Imitation metallic inks are
recommended, but must be tested first.
- Press powder sprays must be kept to a minimum to avoid "textured" or
roughness in feel or appearance.
- Standard U.V. coatings are not receptive to gluing, foil stamping, or
- Gloss U.V. coating will finger print.
- U.V. coating will crack on certain papers along scores and folds.
- With matte U.V., we recommend applying a compatible varnish or Aqueous
primer first to eliminate streaking and unevenness.
- Always score after U.V. coating.
- Press sheets need to have a 3/4" gripper and 1/2" from image to edge of sheet on the remaining three sides of sheet.
- Spot pattern areas may vary up to 1/32". Please consider this in your
- A film positive (preferably right reading, emulsion down) with
registration marks provided by customer or Scott Laminating.
- Cast coated sheets such as Kromekote should not be U.V. coated without
- For knockout areas, please provide a die line or draw down of the press
sheet showing blocked out areas.
- Testing may be required on sheets printed with inks from copiers, inkjets,
and some digital machines to ensure compatibility.
- When printing sheets off a web press, make sure that the slip additive
(silicone) is turned off when sheeting. This step will ensure that proper
adhesion of U.V. inks occurs.
|Spot U.V. Minimum Sheet Size
||14" x 20"
|Flood U.V. Minimum Sheet Size
||12" x 18"
|Maximum Sheet Size
||28" x 40"
|Paper Weight Minimum
|Paper Weight Maximum